Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween in Olde Towne

Halloween is a pretty big deal in Olde Towne. Here is how my evening went last night.

This is Jack and his mom. Jack is 5 months old. We just met last night. They were making the rounds early. Jack was fascinated with watching Herby playing guitar up on the porch. I couldn't get his attention. His mom is proud of him; can you tell? I can see why. He is awful cute.












The kids started showing up right at 6:00, just as dusk was settling.
These are the houses directly across the street from us.







The neighbors' houses. That's our house on the far right. I love that the neighborhood goes all out for this kind of thing. It's starting to get darker.












Scarry Jack-O-Lantern, huh?












This house is just on the corner. It was used for the exterior shot of an old local TV show called "Dr. Madblood" who showed bad horror movies. It's actually a pretty nice house but there are some creepy elements to it.












Did I tell you we get a lot of Trick-or-Treaters? We do. Hundreds. I always run out of candy no matter how much I buy. But it's okay because these kids get a LOT of candy. The houses are close together and they can rack up a lot of sugar very quickly.












This is the 3rd floor of my house. I got this idea from Martha Stewart. In case you can't tell by this really bad picture there is a witch on the left and a ghost on the right. Silhouettes on some orange gel paper. It's about 40 feet up so this is the best I could do.














Anyway, this was our Halloween this year. Hope you enjoyed your night.

2 comments:

valeria said...

Your idea is great! It's a shame the photo is blurred!

Dawn Newsome said...

I wish I could take better photos (like yours!)
Dawn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin