Sunday, April 19, 2009

Paper Gown by Darla Teagarden

Wow!
Every once in a while I come across something amazingly different and creative. (Click on the photo to see it up close.)
Who thinks like this?
Darla Teagarden. Darla is a photographer and creator of this amazing gown called "Lover's Eyes Dolce Masquerade Gown."
On her MySpace page, about the gown: "different styles of ''lovers eyes'' focused into the center of hundreds of white paper cupcake ruffles...An asymmetric hem and organic-like
cascade.... A top Miss Evelynn's head, a glass glittered sculptured
( paper mâché) pink rabbit & bow".
Beautiful and inspiring.
You can see more of Darla's work on her MySpace page, Darla Teagarden's Cupcake Ruffle Lover's Eye Gown
Found via Ullabenulla (great find!)

5 comments:

Loralynn said...

Okay, I'm sorry, but I find this rather disturbing in a creepy kind of way...

Dawn Newsome said...

I hear you, Loralynn. I guess it's what you call thought provoking art.
Thanks for your comment.
Dawn

beauty comma said...

I think it's cool, but if you view it as a real gown, of course it becomes slightly disturbing. I like that the model looks like a doll, but not quite like a mannequin either...

Never mind the comments publishing mistake - I just posted the initial comment. I've done stranger things myself! It's a bit confusing that Blogger's got three options for comment forms, and all three have the possibility for comment moderation and/or word verification. That makes--- well, countless variations for blog readers...

Anonymous said...

I love it

Darla Tea said...

A nice fan sent me this link. When i get a moment in between wrangling my 5 year old :) I like to thank the blogging community for sharing my works! Thank you:)

This was fun to make and photograph ...it hangs in my studio awaiting an installation series.

Be sure to stop in periodically for more works...

Have a wonderful summer !

Always,
Darla Teagarden
www.myspace.com/darlateagarden

Blog Widget by LinkWithin